Friday, March 28, 2014

Movie review: Divergent


Dystopian, Romance & Action

Premiere date: 3/21/2014
Date watched: 3/23/2014

Oh my gosh. The movie was so good. Of course, there were scenes from the book that weren't included, but almost every scene was exactly as I imagined. I even got goosebumps while watching. So, it was all good.
I cried at the part where Tris tried the zip line for the first time. "Why?" You ask? 
Remember Four/Tobias zip lining in the last few pages of Allegiant? Yep, that's why. 
It was suddenly like:
The people sitting to my right (who haven't read the books) looked at me funny.

Here's the thing about watching 'book-turned-movie' movies. Let me 'paint the picture' for you.
Say, you've read the whole Harry Potter series, but never watched the movies. You're watching The Sorcerer's Stone for the first time and it's in the scene where Severus Snape first appears. Then you suddenly remember the "Always" scene in the 7th book. Instead of getting mad at Snape for being downright mean to Harry, like all the people who haven't read the series, you feel all the feels from the last book.
It's inevitable, I tell you.

Anyway, it was weird seeing Ansel as Caleb and Shailene as Tris being siblings. With the TFIOS movie and all.
Oh, and I just knew that Tobias is pronounced "Touh-by-as" and not "Touh-bee-as". I've been reading and pronouncing it wrong. *facepalm*

Movie soundtrack: Beating Heart by Ellie Goulding


Rating: 5/5 hearts.





No comments:

Post a Comment