Saturday, June 21, 2014

Movie Review: The Fault in Our Stars

Romance

Premiere date: 6/6/2014
Date watched: 6/8/2014


The movie was alright, but I needed more Nat Wolff. HAHAHA!
I mean, can you blame me?
Uh-huh. Yep, Adorbs...


Oh yeah, the movie. I did cry while watching. Although, I cried a lot more when I watched the trailer than the actual movie. When I heard that TFiOS was gonna be made into a movie, I honestly thought that I was gonna cry until I faint. Not even kidding.

I haven't watched a book adapted movie that followed every single scene from the book. As much as I want the unabridged movie version of a book, there probably won't be. At least not in a 2-hour movie.
So, why would TFiOS be any different? Right?
Well I got my hopes up because maybe, just maybe, TFiOS will be the one movie that is exactly like the book. With John Green part of the production and all.
Of course, it wasn't.
At first I was disappointed because a friend who watched with me, but hasn't read the book told me that he didn't get why the book was so popular. I tried to persuade him into reading it and promised him that the book was so much more than what he just watched.
That alone clouded my judgment of the movie.

Overtime, I realized that the movie was actually close to perfect, despite the lack of important scenes like how they sold the swing set and the last words from the book "I do, Augustus. I do."

Oh, and I immensely enjoyed the soundtracks from the movie. My favorites are Not About Angels by Birdy, Boom Clap by Charli XCX and All I Want by Kodaline.

Cheers to the movie makers for not destroying the book!

Note to the future me:
To avoid any more disappointments, resist the urge to watch The Maze Runner in the cinema. Even it means resisting Dylan O'Bryan.


Movie soundtrack: All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran

Rating: 5/5 hearts.




No comments:

Post a Comment